.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 02, 2005

 

Curtains and Blinds and Bedroom Furniture

This is how I spent my rainy weekend at home, hanging curtains throughout the house, installing blinds on the screen porch and assembling bedroom furniture. I hadn't planned on doing these things this weekend, I wanted to see a Gator baseball game, but the impending rain and stormy weather kept me inside and doing work that needed to be be done sometime anyway.

Every room in my house now, except the livingroom, has new curtains and they all have a personality. Karen helped me pick out the curtains, she has impeccable taste and is definitely on the high side of life. We found most of what I needed at Linens n Things at the Oaks Mall in Gainesville. Spent more than I thought I would ever spend on curatins but boy do they look nice now that they are up.

The blinds for the porch were a bit harder to install. Luckily the previous owner had a similar idea so there are wooden pieces running between the aluminum posts on the porch that made it easy to mount the brackets to hang the blinds. They really give the porch a different personality. Now I guess I really need to replace the screens out there since they are coming loose in several places, too. Home ownership is always fun! There's always something else to do.

My bedroom furniture came surprisingly fast. I dreaded puting the dresser, end table and personal locker together but once I got started, it went pretty quickly. My right hand shows the pressure of a screwdriver twisting in my palm. The skin is falling off and the hand muscles are sore from turning but inside I feel good because I put each piece together correctly the first time and didn't have to redo anything. That may be a first for me. Usually it takes two times to get it put together right.

Anyway, the house is really shaping up now. Just a few more things to buy and a few more things to do and I will be finished remodeling for this year at least. The stand for the 46 inch livingroom TV is to be delivered this afternoon. This is good because now I will be able to watch it easily. The TV Sitting on the floor makes it too difficult to see, so I haven't really had much chance to enjoy the massage recliner yet. And the massage chair feels simply heavenly!

That's my comments for today. Nothing in the news has my ire and the week has started off easily at work, too.

Later....
OH

Comments:
This is an anonymous comment.
 
Too much time, toofew brains
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?