.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 26, 2008

 

Maybe I'm Amazed

The topic once again is the US Supreme Court. But this time it is a good thing. Although I am not particularly in agreement with their decision about no mandatory death penalty for criminals who rape children, I'm not inclined to be outraged about it. The death penalty has its own set of issues surrounding it already.

But what I do find simply amazing, in light of the recent rulings against American civil liberties, is the overturning of the ban on handguns in the District of Columbia.

They got this one correct. Hooray. Finally challenged in the highest court, they have ruled that government cannot ban the possession or ownership of handguns because the second amendment confers this right upon individual citizens not just armed state militias.

Color me amazed, surprised and delighted, for a change.

OH.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?